TOURISM INFRASTRUCTURE AND ENTERPRISE ZONE AUTHORITY (TIEZA) values your privacy.
Hence, TIEZA assures you that all the personal and sensitive personal information we collect in accessing our website are protected and secured in accordance with TIEZA’s compliance with the Data Privacy Act of 2012(DPA), its Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR) and other issuances of the National Privacy Commission (NPC).
In our commitment to protect your personal data, we will collect and use your personal information only for purposes you are aware of and have given consent to.
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The following are personal and sensitive personal information we collect:
- Full name;
- Home/Residential Address;
- Office Address, if applicable;
- Phone number;
- Email Address;
- Any other similar contact data;
- Passport Number;
- Government Issued Identification Numbers, if necessary;
- Date of Birth;
- Place of Birth;
- Marital Status;
- Date of Marriage, if applicable;
- Name of Spouse;
- Occupation of Spouse;
- Date of Birth of Spouse;
- Place of Birth of Spouse;
- Name of Child/ Children, if applicable;
- Date of Birth of Child/Children;
- Place of Birth of Child/Children;
- Any other security information used for authentication and account access;
- Credit Card number and security codes associated with your payment;
- PURPOSE AND USE OF THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We will use the information we collect from you when you register, pay tax, book in our hotels, resorts and golf courses, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products.
- To follow up with them after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries).
- To process applications for online and onsite payment of Travel Tax.
- To process refunds of online and onsite payment of Travel Tax.
- To process request for Travel Tax Exemption.
- WEBSITE ANALYTICS
C.i. What are Cookies?
Cookies are “small amounts of data generated by a website and saved by your web browser. Its purpose is to remember information about you, similar to a preference file created by a software application.”
In other words, by visiting our website and by using our online payment system, our website collects some of your personal data information.
C.ii. What are the personal data that our website cookies collect?
- Your IP address/ URL address
- The web browser you used
- The search terms
- The pages and internal links accessed by and through our site
- Your location
- The referring site or platform (if any) from which you clicked to get to our website
- Your operating system
The personal information, sensitive personal information we collected and processed and the personal data collected by our website cookies may be accessed by and shared with other government agencies, private companies and other individuals in connection with the use and purpose we mentioned through a Data Sharing Agreement.
D. PROTECTION MEASURES
The electronic and/or physical personal and sensitive personal information we collected from you can only be accessed by authorized TIEZA personnel and by the authorized employees of government agencies and personal entities and individuals we have Data Sharing Agreement with.
The electronic personal information will be stored in a database for two years. Manual or physical records of the personal data information, if available, will then be disposed of through shredding while electronic records will be permanently deleted and made unrecoverable.
- YOUR RIGHTS AS PERSONAL DATA INFORMANT
No personal information shall be collected from you unless we ask for your consent and agreed to the collection and processing of the personal data information. You can object to the processing and collecting of personal data information. You have reasonable access to the personal information collected from you. You can request for copies of your personal data you provided us. You can also correct or rectify your personal data if you believe it contains wrong details. You can block or remove your personal data if you discern that it needs to be deleted.
Amendments to the Policy
To download a PDF file please click here.